Friday, March 7, 2014

100th Post! Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: Strawberry S'mores Bars



It's my 100th blog post!  Sarah Cooks the Books hit the 1-year mark back in September, but this is the official 100th post I've made.  (I can't say it's the 100th recipe, because I've had a lot of "Sorry I've been gone, guys!" and "Look what I ate in California!" posts, so maybe I should go and count how many actual recipes I've posted.  Or maybe I don't want to know.

To celebrate, I've got a dessert recipe for you!  I don't do desserts too often, for no real reason other than I just don't, but in this case, I thought it was time for some sweets. 

It's also time for a cat in a sombrero.


Party cat!

(She likes me.  I swear she likes me.)

I did that thing I do where I take a recipe, decide I could do it better, and make it into something awesome.  In this case, these:


The original recipe in the book was for "Gimme Gimme S'mores Sandwiches," but I had strawberries in the fridge, and thought, what better to add to chocolate than strawberries?

It was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I also bumped up the ingredient amounts, because the recipe was for one serving.  What the what?  I don't even understand why you'd only want one serving of this.

I want to thank everyone who reads, who stops by, who comments. . .I appreciate everyone who is a part of my cookbook project here.  Here's to 100 more!


Strawberry S'mores Bars
Makes 7


Ingredients



7 sheets of graham crackers (Yes, I know there are only 4 in the picture.)
1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
2 large strawberries, chopped
1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
2 Tbsp. chocolate chips


Stir together Cool Whip, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and strawberries.

Break your graham cracker sheets in half and set 7 of the pieces on a plate.  Top with the Cool Whip mixture.


Top with the other 7 pieces of graham cracker.  Push them down enough to stick, but don't smoosh out all your filling.


Freeze until solid, an hour and a half or so.  Save any leftovers in a sealed container.