Friday, April 18, 2014

15-Minute Low-Carb Recipes: Chicken Skillet Roma


This cookbook has done it.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time I have love, love, loved everything I've made out of a cookbook during a blogging week.  There was nothing about anything I made I didn't like, and so now, you've got easy, low-carb recipes for lunch and dinner.

This recipe was ridiculously easy.  (This is the first time a cookbook has claimed that things took X-number of minutes or less and it was not dirty, filthy lies.  I'm looking at you, Rachael Ray.)


Chicken Skillet Roma
Serves 4-5


Ingredients



1 1/2 lbs. chicken (the recipe calls for boneless, skinless breasts; I used thighs), cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup spaghetti sauce (or, make your own!)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Saute the chicken, pepper, onion, and garlic in the olive oil over medium-high heat until the chicken is cooked through.

Stir in spaghetti sauce, let cook for another minute.

Serve with the cheese on top.



And oh, yeah.  You know what goes great with this chicken?



Oh yeah.