Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Paula Deen's My First Cookbook: Sausage Quiche



This recipe is so easy, it's almost stupid, but considering it also involves half-and-half and an entire bag of cheddar cheese, it's a keeper.

(I just realized that I keep repeating myself with the Paula Deen recipes.  Monday's was shells, which I've posted before, and this one is a quiche, which I have definitely made before, as my very first blog post even!)

Anyway, this is a super-rich, super cheesy quiche, which I, of course, approve of wholeheartedly.


Sausage Quiche
Serves 4-ish
From Paula Deen's My First Cookbook


Ingredients



1 lb. sausage
1 8-inch pie crust, unbaked
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups half-and-half


Preheat oven to 350°F.  Put the pie crust in a pie pan.

Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until there's no pink remaining, about 10 minutes.  Remove the grease, then spread the sausage over the bottom of the pie crust.



Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage.  Put the eggs and egg whites in a bowl and add the half-and-half.  Beat together, then pour over the cheese and sausage.

Place in oven and bake.  Check after 35 minutes to see if it's set.  If not, let it bake for up to 15 more minutes.

Let quiche sit for 15 minutes before cutting.




____________________

One Year Ago:  No Post