Monday, July 27, 2015

Diabetes Carb-Control Cookbook: Jalapeno-Sour Cream Dip and Raw Veggies




It's been a while.  This particular post has been sitting in my drafts folder (and was actually scheduled to run on March 9!) since February.  Life gets in the way; we all know this.  I'm back for the time being, though.  Thanks for not giving up on me!

Historically, I haven't had the best of luck with diabetic or low-carb cookbooks. They tend to have really ugly pictures of really boring food in them.  I feel like, just because it's low-carb doesn't mean it has to be low-awesome.  (That was bad.  I realize this.)

Seeing as to how low-carb is something I'm supposed to be doing anyway, I've been on the lookout for a cookbook with some good stuff in it that didn't make my insulin pump explode when I took the requisite amount for whatever it was I was waiting. 

This week's book, the Diabetes Carb-Control Cookbook, is so good!  None of the ugly pictures, none of the food that only someone with no taste buds would eat...it's actually good!  I'm starting off with an appetizer of sorts, but you could also take it to a party with some raw veggies.  This recipe is so stupidly easy and good, it doesn't make any sense not to make it immediately.  

Wednesday, we'll have a chicken dish that's so good, you won't even miss the carbs.


Jalapeno-Sour Cream Dip and Raw Veggies
From Diabetes Carb Control Cookbook



Ingredients



1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
4 cups raw veggies


Whisk together everything except the veggies in a medium bowl.

Serve with veggies.  (Told you it was stupidly easy.)




____________________
One Year Ago:  Stuffed Shells