Friday, August 5, 2016
Another "I'm Not Dead!" Post
So, I'm still kicking.
It's been exactly 6 months since my last post, and that wasn't even about food. It was about me thinking I was going to become some kind of world traveler and stay in Air BnBs along the way.
(That didn't happen?)
So what have I been doing while I've been neglecting this poor blog?
1. I got a new job! I moved from account management at a software company to being a Technical Writer Manager with a government contractor. My commute went from 42 miles to 1.5 miles. With the extra time, I was able to...
2. ...finish writing my book! I don't know that I've mentioned it here before, but I've been working on a novel for like 4 years. I finally finished it a couple of months ago, and I have a little bit on interest in it from real, honest-to-God Industry People. It's super exciting, and maybe one of these days, you'll see it in a bookstore, and you can say, "Hey, I remember when she was just writing that blog she never updated!"
3. I've been having...life trials and tribulations. Everyone has them, so I know you know what I'm talking about. Everything's fine, but it was just...trying for a while.
4. I'm putting the pieces in place to open an Etsy shop! More details later, but I'm pretty excited about a new venture.
5. I find myself a member of 3 book clubs. I have no idea how that happened.
6. I've been obsessed, obsessed, with Hamilton. So obsessed. I listen to it every day. If you haven't heard it, you need to. It's available for streaming on Amazon Prime, and I've learned more about history (and pseudo-history) in the last couple of months than I ever did while I was in school.
7. I've been doing a lot of freelance work. So I haven't been writing here, but I've been writing.
7. I've been rewatching Desperate Housewives, as well a binging Bob's Burgers. Have you guys watched Bob's Burgers? What an odd, hilarious little show.
Speaking of Bob's Burgers, the cookbook inspired by/from the creators of that show is up next week! I swear. Check out my Instagram for a sneak peek of one of next week's burgers!
Here's to getting back into the swing of blogging.
So what have you guys been doing in the last 6 months?